Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

COVID - 19 blog - Thursday 30th April

COVID - 19  By Peyton

2020 where do we start. March 26th we went into a full level 4 lockdown in New Zealand. That meant we had to stay home from school, the parks and live with people in our house. That was my mum, dad, Brock and i. My big brother Kadin stayed with his Girlfriend Emma at her house.

The facts for Covid- 19 is there are a total of 1474 cases that have had the virus, 348 cases that are probable and 1126 positive cases. 1229 people have recovered with 19 people dying mostly older people.

In canterbury 162 have tested positive for Covid - 19, 111 people have since recovered with 41 people still having it. We have had 10 deaths from the virus. In christchurch we have had 3 places where 10 or more people have had Covid - 19. They are Rosewood Resthome, 54 cases, George Manning Resthome, 20 cases and a unknown workplace with 10 cases.

The Prime minister Jacinta Ardern and Minister of Health Ashley Bloomfield have been doing daily updates on TV with how New Zealand is doing.

On Tuesday 28th April 2020 we moved to level 3 lockdown where over 400,00 people went back to work and lots of businesses were able to open like McDonalds and Burger King but you can only order through the drive thru. 

Level 3 also means keeping our bubbles small for now. We still just have mum, dad, Brock and i at home but my brother Kadin visits daily after he finishes work. Im excited once level 2 comes in so i can see my other brother Travis, his girlfriend Greer and Kadin's Girlfriend Emma and hopefully we can go back to school.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog Peyton, ive enjoyed seeing you research your work for your blogs, this 1 is amazing. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Peyton
    You are the blogger extraordinaire! I love reading your interesting and informative posts complete with photos, I'm so proud of all your hard work. You covered so many facts about covid19. I hope we get to level 2 soon like you so you can get back to school and see people, great work Peyton!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.